All the State Coordinators are requested to make arrangements to attend for the CWC meeting of JTO (O) A BSNL India and BSNL Officers Association at T-15, Atul Grove Road, New Delhi at 10:30 Hrs on 23-06-2013. All State Coordinators are requested to attend the meeting without fail and make it grand success through detailed discussion.
Principal CAT case OA 1467 / 2013 heard on 27-05-2013 by the Honorable Judges Smt Manjula Goutam & AK Bharadwaj and passed the interim order “ All Qualified Officiating JTOs occupied vacancies may kept reserve same as Ernakulam Order and conduct the examination for the remaining vacancies” . Our Advocate is Smt Rani Chabhra. Next hearing on 16-07-2013.
Our Central Coordinator along with Rajasthan State Coordinator Sri Chanda and U.Kanakaraju of AP met Senior officers in the Corporate Office to discuss about the Non Issue of Haryana State JTO Officiating order. AGM (Pers-IV) assured that the clarification may be issued within Two days. Central Coordinator perusing the matter with the other officers also.
1) Principal CAT case OA No 1467/2013, MA 1137/2013 & MA 1333/2013 heard on 20-05-2013 and posted on 27-05-2013 for final Hearing and Decision.
2) All the Oas in CAT Hyderabad Bench after a long discussion posted on 29-05-2013 for final Hearing.
1) 2nd Screening Test qualified, Trained and Doing as Officiating JTOs Regularization case heard at CAT Hyderabad bench today and after hearing posted on 22-05-2013 for Final hearing (Total Four OA s filed).
2) CAT Chennai Bench case No OA 587 / 2013 will be call on 10-05-2013.
3) Principal CAT New Delhi Case No OA 1467 / 2013 (Between BSNL Officers Association & Others Vs BSNL ) after hearing posted on 22-05-2013.
4) The Case which is the Main obstruction for the Regularization of Officiating JTOs COCP 1431 / 2008 at High Court of Chandighar after hearing posted on 16-07-2013.
5) Regarding FR 22 (1)a(1) :- After the Judgment of SLP Case No 4553 / 2012 filed by the BSNL Management against the Pncipal CAT New Delhi judgment (OA 1282 / 2010 Between BSNL Officers association Vs CMD BSNL), BSNL management given a order for the implementation of FR22 (1)a(1). Our Association is seriously perusing the case for the implementation to all the Officiating JTOs at par with Kerala since 2005 with the Management, Unions, Associations and also by legal.
Today our Regularization before LDCE case heard at CAT Hyderabad Bench. After the arguments case was posted on 22-05-2013 for Final Hearing.
Regarding our regularization before LDCE Principal CAT New Delhi case No OA 1467/2013 (Between BSNL Officers Association & Other Vs BSNL ) after the argument posted on 20-05-2013. MA 1137/2013 is also filed.
Regarding contempt case at Chandighar High Court case No COCP 1431/2008 after hearing posted on 16th JULY 2013.
All the Officiating JTOs Maharashtra Circle are requested to Participate and make it Grand Success the MAHA DHARNA at 1100 Hrs on 01-05-2013 at CGMT (MHT) Circle Office, Juhu Danda Complex, Santacruze (West), MUMBAI-54.
The Central Coordinator is also attending the MAHA DHARNA on 01-05-2013. All the near by Circle Active Members, SSA Coordinators and Circle Coordinators are also requested to attend the MAHA DHARNA and make it Grand Success.
All the SSA/Circle Coordinators are requested to ensure successful implementation of Savingram Campaign on 29-04-2013. The text of savingram is given below.
Shri R.K. Upadhyay
AIBSNLEA resolved to restart Organisational Action Programmes commencing w.e.f. 29th April’2013 to Protest against the indifferent and unhelping attitude of the BSNL Management aaa Even after the several informal meetings most of the HR issues of BSNL Executives remains unsettled aaa Members are seriously agitated aaa Pray your kind urgent intervention in solving the issues aaa.
· Shri Sh. M.F. Farooqui, Chairman TC & Secy (T), DOT, New Delhi.
· Smt. Rita Teaotia, Addl. Secy(T), DoT, Govt. of India, New Delhi-110001
· Shri A.N. Rai, Director (EB/HR), BSNL Board, New Delhi-110001
· Shri N.K. Gupta, Director (CFA), BSNL Board, New Delhi-110001
· Shri R.K. Agarwal, Director (CM), BSNL Board, New Delhi-110001
· Shri K.C.G.K. Pillai, Director (Fin), BSNL Board, New Delhi-110001
· Shri Neeraj Verma, GM (SR), BSNL CO, New Delhi-110001
Monday, 22 April 2013
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has approved the constitution of a group of ministers (GoM) to look into reviving the ailing telecom PSUs — BSNL and MTNL. The GoM, which is expected to "consider and recommend measures that could be taken in the short, medium and long term for revival and revitalization of BSNL and MTNL”, will submit its recommendations in three months.
The panel will include finance minister P Chidambaram, telecom minister Kapil Sibal, commerce minister Anand Sharma, law minister Ashwani Kumar, planning commission deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, I&B minister Manish Tiwari and minister of state for PMO V Narayanaswamy.
The department of telecom (DoT) has been asked to send agenda papers and minutes of the GoM meeting to the PMO at the earliest.
Earlier this month, Sibal had written to the prime minister urging him to set up a GoM to rescue the state-owned telecom players from financial distress. "Unless immediate steps are taken to revive and revitalize these PSUs, they would turn sick very shortly," Sibal wrote.
Sibal had also said that he expects BSNL to make losses of around R10, 000 crore in 2012-13, while MTNL's net worth is likely to get completely eroded. BSNL, which offers services in all regions except Mumbai and Delhi, registered a loss of R8, 851 crore in 2011-12 and MTNL registered a loss of about R4, 110 during the same period. Financial results for 2012-13 have not been declared by the companies.
Sibal in his letter to the PM had also noted that despite implementing various recommendations of the Sam Pitroda Committee, set up in 2010 to suggest a path for positioning BSNL and MTNL for better delivery of services, the troubled telcos could not be helped as the environment had changed significantly since then.
In a recent presentation to Sibal, both BSNL and MTNL had stated that they will not see any turnaround this fiscal. BSNL, in its presentation, had said estimates indicate that its revenues for the year-ended March 2013 would be around R25, 384 crore, down 9% from R27, 944 crore during 2011-12.
MTNL, which operates in Delhi and Mumbai, revealed that its losses for the first six months of this fiscal (2012-13) increased to R2, 153 crore, up 26% compared to a loss R1, 714 crore for the six months ended September 2011.
While BSNL caters to about 14.82% of the total mobile users in India, MTNL has a market share of 0.76%. However, both the companies have dominant share in the fixed-line segment, which is not growing anymore.
Tough call -BSNL expected to make losses of around R10, 000 crore in 2012-13, while MTNL's net worth is likely to get completely eroded
-BSNL says revenues for the FY13 will be around R25, 384 crore, down 9% from R27, 944 crore during 2011-12
- MTNL says losses for the first six months of FY13 rose to R2, 153 crore compared with a loss of R1, 714 crore for the six months ended Sept 2011. – The Financial Express
From AIBSNLOA Site
10.04.2013:Meeting with Sr.GM (EST):GS met SR.GM (Est) today and once again requested him to reconsider the issue of granting exemption from appearing in the LDCE for promotion to JTO to be held on 3.6.2013, for those TTAs who have qualified in the examination held in the year 2000 as per the RR of 1996, completed the Phase I training and are officiating as JTOs. He also reiterated our earlier suggestion to explore the possibility of filing SLP in Hon'ble Supreme Court on this issue. Sr.GM (Est) said that this possibility has already been considered but due to contempt petition pending at Hon'ble High Court of Haryana and Punjab, BSNL Management has not been able to puruse that possibility. GS has finally requested Sr.GM (Est) that holding of the examination can be deferred or atleast the last date for submission of application can be further extended till the outcome of the contempt petition is known.
AIBSNLEA served notice to the CMD BSNL regarding organizational action program commencing w.e.f. 29-04-2013 and represented our issue also in the item no.3.
Regularization of Officiating JTOs and Removal of FR-35 pay fixation: Against creation of super-numeric 3500 posts of JTOs to avoid reversion, a contempt notice was issued by Hon'ble Chandigarh High Court to CMD BSNL. BSNL Management has taken a stand that till the finalization of contempt case in Hon’ble Chandigarh High Court, no further action to regularize remaining officiating JTOs can be taken. We demanded for an inquiry in to suspected collusion with in BSNL, for defeating the Board decision on regularization of Officiating JTOs and also demanded for early implementation of BSNL Board Decision to give regular posting as JTOs to all qualified & trained TTAs. As per the Recruitment Rules, officiating JTOs have fulfilled all the eligible conditions for JTO posts i.e. service condition, educational qualification, qualifying in the examination and JTO Phase-I Training. Invoking of FR-35 for them is not correct. We requested BSNL Management to remove FR-35 and upgrade about 1800 TTA posts to JTO posts as one time measure so that officiating JTOs are given regular promotion.
AIBSNLEA decided to start Organizational Action Programmes as follows.
1. Savingram Campaign and Holding of Special General Body Meetings on 29th April’2013 at all SSAs/Circle/BSNL Corporate Office level.
2. Observing Protest Day by holding MASSIVE DEMONSTRATION at all SSAs/Circle/BSNL Corporate Office level during Lunch/Closing hours on 1st May’2013.
3. Two Days MASS DHARNA on 15th & 16th May’2013 at all SSAs/Circle/BSNL Corporate Office.
4. Further course of Organisational Action Programmes will be decided in due course of time, in case the issues are not settled.
Rajasthan Circle Officiating JTOs General Body meeting was held at JODHPUR under the Chairmanship of Sri P.S.Chanda. Maximum JTOs attended the meeting and discussed
1) Latest developments.
2) FR22 (1)a(1) Implementation.
3) Regularization through Personal Up Gradation.
4) Future Course of action.